Whether you’re a current client or just came across our website for the first time, we want to welcome you to Calibrate Sports! Our fitness and sports recovery facility was founded by Chris Nissler, a highly regarded athletic development and movement specialist who has been trusted by professional sports organizations, universities, and physicians. Today, Calibrate Sports strives to help our clients reach their peak potential through a unique approach to overall wellness and athletic development. In our first blog post, we want to discuss what we offer and, most importantly, how we can help you.
The Reconditioning Experts
Our movement experts don’t believe in taking cookie-cutter approaches. What works for one person likely isn’t going to be effective for another. That’s why our new clients undergo a biomechanical assessment. By doing so, our staff can see how the body moves and functions to figure out which muscle imbalances and movement impairments may be leading to dysfunction. Once the assessment is completed, we create a strategy that’s completely based on your results and goals. The team at Calibrate Sports is trained in a number of techniques, including the following:
- Muscle Activation Technique (MAT)
- Active Release Technique (ART)
- Trigger point release and neuro muscular techniques
- Kinesiology taping with RockTape
- Deep Tissue Laser Therapy – LightForce Laser
Let’s dive into some of these:
Muscle Activation Technique
A number of athletes today experience muscle contraction on occasion. This decreased range of motion leads to decreased physical performance. MAT helps indicate which muscles have decreased contractility and precise forces are applied to restore that efficiency. How could a technique that sounds so simple be trusted by countless professional athletes? For one, it’s a non-invasive treatment that can be used by all ages. Secondly, it’s a quick way to jumpstart the muscles so that they can function again with maximum efficiency.
DorsaVi Movement Analysis
Movement is a critical piece to both the injury rehabilitation and athletic development processes. That’s why Calibrate Sports invests so heavily in DorsaVi Movement Analysis. The DorsaVi Movement Suite uses revolutionary wireless sensors to measure precisely how you move. DorsaVi has gained so much trust in the sports health industry that it’s heavily used by Olympians and professional athletes. If you’ve ever wanted to look at your range of motion, acceleration, or general muscle activity, DorsaVi is the tool to use. The DorsaVi Movement Suite isn’t just limited to our facility, though. For example, our team can monitor you while you’re on a daily run. We will be able to tell if you’re fatigued, favoring one leg, etc.
Deep Tissue Laser Therapy
Far too many people today rely on pain medication to get through the day. In turn, it’s no secret why such an alarming number of current and former elite athletes struggle with addiction. Deep tissue laser therapy is our answer to pharmaceutical drugs. Laser therapy is FDA-cleared and allows patients to take advantage of a safer alternative to addictive drugs and possible surgery. Clients are in and out, as the treatments take no longer than 10 minutes. Patients typically see results with deep tissue laser therapy after just a handful of treatments.
It seems like the popularity of RockTape is growing every day. Here’s why:
- It decompresses swelling and inflammation
- It delays fatigue
- It distributes physical stress
- It normalizes muscle tone
What clients also love about RockTape is that it “turns down the volume on pain.” Consider that RockTape on the skin can interfere with pain signals that are directed to the brain. When those altered signals arrive at the brain, it doesn’t produce the sensation of pain. Let’s look at an example. You accidentally whack your elbow on a cabinet and immediately rub it to feel better. It’s a similar concept with RockTape. When kinesiology tape is properly applied, clients feel instant relief.
The Mission at Calibrate Sports
We base everything we do around three principles:
- Provide an immersive, unprecedented experience – We cater to motivated individuals looking to do what it to takes to perform at the highest level. You can count on us to provide the reconditioning, sports recovery, and athletic development techniques necessary to do so. Not only that, but we ensure that our clients receive the health care they need. We partner with the best doctors in the area and will work with them each step of the way.
- Provide individualized care – In the world of sports health, it’s the little things that make a huge difference. As aforementioned above, we don’t use one approach or treatment for every client. Rest assured that our sessions are never rushed or overbooked. We emphasize spending one-on-one time with clients so that we can offer a hands-on approach. Simply put, the focus of Calibrate Sports revolves around outcomes, culture, client and experience, and of course, client satisfaction.
- Use an integrated approach to optimize health and performance – There are some injury rehab centers out there whose sole purpose is to get clients back to baseline. That’s not how we operate at Calibrate Sports. Through unmatched reconditioning and athletic development, our clients not only recover from injuries but also get stronger and perform better. As a competitor, you don’t buy into the notion that you have a “ceiling” on your abilities, do you? We don’t either. Our team will work tirelessly alongside you as you achieve your best.
Now that you understand what all we have to offer, are you ready to experience the Calibrate difference? If so, give us a call today.